Sunday 29 December 2013

Cinnabon Ice Cream

One of my daughters loves Cinnabons.  I must admit I have a weakness for cinnamon buns myself, but she has the opportunity to stop for one once a week and she lovingly consumes every morsel.  A few weeks ago, I was passing that same location and I couldn't resist buying a couple. My daughter wasn't feeling well and couldn't eat hers, so I put it in the freezer.  (I just chopped it frozen, it made it a lot less messy that way.) Several days later I found a recipe for cinnamon ice cream.  I put two and two together and came up with this heavenly recipe for Cinnabon Ice Cream.  I hope you like it.  


Ingredients


1 3/4 cups whole milk
2/3 cup sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large Cinnabon, cubed
9 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted

Method


In a large heavy saucepan, heat milk and sugar until bubbles form around sides of the pan.  Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, whisking constantly.  Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160* F and coats the back of a spoon.  

Remove from hear, quickly transfer to a bowl; place bowl in ice water and stir for 2 minutes.  Stir in the 2 cups of cream, cinnamon and vanilla.  Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.

Make the ice cream in a ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.

In a large freezer container, layer a third of the ice cream, 1/2 cup butterscotch sauce (you can use homemade or store bought), 2/3 cup chopped Cinnabon and 3 tablespoons pecans.  Repeat two times.  Swirl mixture and freeze until firm.  Enjoy!

Makes about 2 1/4 quarts.

  



No comments:

Post a Comment