Thursday 21 November 2013

Rolled Shortbread Cookies

I got this recipe from my mom, I have no idea how long she had it, but I have been using it for more than thirty years.  I have never had a problem with them and they have a wonderful rich flavor.  This recipe only makes four dozen cookies, depending on the size, but it can easily be doubled. 


Ingredients


1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

Method


Cream butter thoroughly.  Add sugar gradually, creaming well.  Add vanilla, cream in.  Add flour, baking soda and salt in small amounts, mixing well.  Add more flour if dough is very sticky.  Chill, a couple of hours before proceeding with recipe.  Roll out 1/4" thick.  Cut with cutters, decorate as desired.  Bake at 300F degrees  until lightly browned, about 25 minutes. 

Makes about 4 dozen cookies, depending on the size. 







No comments:

Post a Comment