Saturday 4 May 2013

How Sweet Is That?'s Layered Taco Dip

A good friend of mine gave me this recipe 27 years ago.  I remember exactly when she gave it to me because she served it at my baby shower.  My baby is now 26 years old!  I adjusted it to suit my family's taste.  I have been serving it ever since.  I hope you enjoy it!


Ingredients


1/8 teaspoon of garlic salt
1 - 250g (8 oz.) brick of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1 large avocado, mashed
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tomato, finely chopped
1 - 127ml (4 oz.) can green chilies
5 slices bacon, cooked crisp and diced
3 - 4 green onions, chopped
1/4 cup ripe olives, sliced
1/4 cup stuffed green olives, sliced
1 - 215ml (8 oz.) bottle taco sauce, mild, medium or hot
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

 

Method


Combine first three ingredients and use as first layer in a 9" glass pie plate.  Combine the next four ingredients for the second layer.  Sprinkle on bacon, green onion and olives.  Spread taco sauce over all and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.  Serve cold with taco chips. 

Serves 8 to 10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment